Kickoff is coming your way
Specific Details for the Kickoff at Evergreen High School:
- Doors open at 6:00 A.M, but if possible please arrive no later than 6:50 A.M.
- Food or beverages will be on sale in the registration and kit pick up area, cash only.
- Breakfast: VooDoo Donuts, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Fruit, Granola Bars, Starbucks Coffee, Juice (Cost: $1-$2 per item)
- Lunch: Pizza ($2 per slice), Soda ($1), Chips or Breadsticks ($1) – See Lunch order form Vancouver Kickoff Lunch Order Form
- Please make sure all students, volunteers and mentors have registered in STIMS, and in VIMS. If not please make sure they have filled out the 2011-2012 FIRST Consent 2011-2012 FIRST Consent form and bring to the kickoff.
- The full kickoff Packet of information, including Map and Directions, can be found here.
Plan ahead. Veteran kits will be about 100lbs. Rookie kits will weigh approx. 147lbs. Also, remember that only an adult team mentor may sign for the kit of parts. Your team will be asked to sign in at the kickoff when you arrive, you will be handed your team’s kit of parts receipt and someone trustworthy needs to hold onto it all the way through the broadcast. The broadcast, by the way, is scheduled to begin at 7:30AM PST. During kit distribution you will be asked to open a sealed tote and confirm that you have received your Kinect.
What to bring:
- Print out a copy of your team roster from TIMS EVEN IF no one from your team has completed the online Consent and Release form.
- Bring signed paper Consent and Release forms for everyone in attendance who hasn’t signed the online Consent and Release form. The Student electronic student consent and release form may be found in STIMS. The Adult Consent and release form may be found in TIMS. The paper copies may be found here.
- Only bring the total number of people you said you were going to bring. (Parents count as people too.) Most local kickoffs have space issues. Can’t remember how many people you said would come from your team? Your main and alternate contact can log into TIMS and check the kit and kickoff section of the team summary page. Want to bring more people? Be sure to check with your local kickoff coordinator. You can find contact information by clicking on your kickoff name on the local kickoff page of our website.
- If you know you have a long walk from the kickoff to your car you may want to bring a hand truck (see kit of part weights above).
- Make sure your vehicle has enough room to transport the kit home. The Kit WILL FILL most car trunks (start empty) and be too big for some smaller models.
Had a change of plans and can’t make it to your local kickoff? There’s still time to ask another team to pick up your kit of parts. Talk to the team, complete the surrogate kit pick up form and get it to FIRST as soon as you can. Directions are at the bottom of this page.
Can’t make it to a local kickoff at all? Last year, NASA broadcast the kickoff over their TV channels.
See you then!