FIRST is hiring a Senior Mentor to cover Oregon and SW Washington. This is a 10-15 hour a week position which will support all FIRST programs (FLL- FIRST LEGO League, FTC – FIRST Tech Challenge and FRC- FIRST Robotics Competition) during each program’s season. The ideal candidate will have experience with the FIRST mission and culture as well as experience with teams in one or two of the 3 programs.
FIRST® Senior Mentor functions:
- Umbrella of support to teams within their geographic area
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to serve as FIRST Team Mentors, Coaches, or as Event Volunteers
- Link new volunteers into the existing network of FIRST teams and to assist in coordinating training and support for new Teams, Mentors and Coaches
- Facilitate and/or conduct presentations and/or skill-building workshops for potential and current mentors, coaches, event volunteers, and teams
- Build relationships with volunteer recruitment resources such as companies, professional associations, educational institutions, and other nonprofit organizations for support of FIRST Programs
- Passion about FIRST programs and STEM education
- Experience with at least 1 or 2 of the FIRST programs (FLL, FTC or FRC)
- Ability to be on 2 evening conference calls a month 4:00 PST (7:00 EST)
- Complete monthly reports
- Attend training at FIRST headquarters in Manchester, New Hampshire Aug 22 – 25
- Support the FIRST Championship event in April 2012
This is a 1 year contract position starting July 1 with a set monthly amount of $618 plus funds up to $350/month for travel expenses.
Information on FIRST can be found at www.usfirst.org Info on the Senior Mentor program can be found at http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/content.aspx?id=3310
To apply, please send a resume to Deb Mumm-Hill, FIRST Pacific NW Director here. Include which programs and number of years you have been involved, along with your role within the program (ie. Mentor/coach, event volunteer, etc) The position is closed. Thanks for your interest!
Please let us know if you are interested in joining the FIRST team!