We are officially opening up our 2011 season this week! A couple of house keeping notes to get everyone out of the starting gate:
Event registration opens this Thursday at 9:00 PST so this is your friendly reminder to all veteran teams to get your info updated in TIMS prior to Thursday. The Seattle regional will be a double playing field and registration is only open to Washington teams on the 1st round, but will open to out of state teams in round 2. Don’t worry about which field to register for – we will even out the roster once registration closes.
- Better accuracy – unique email address now required for FIRST Accounts.
- Better security – any new team contacts must now be invited using the new Contact Invitation Process.
- All team contacts can now opt-in to receive email broadcasts to team from FIRST.
- (coming soon) Adult team members now have online option to complete Consent & Release forms required for event attendance.
- (coming soon) Dean’s List Award nominations will be submitted by Adult Team Members.
- Updated help text.
Team Support at FIRST HQ in New Hampshire have extended hours next week to help with team registration. Team support representatives will be available at 1-800-871-8326 ext. 0 until 5 PM PST Mon – Wed, Sept 27-29.
Team grants are available at the following pages. We are waiting to hear from NASA on their grants for the coming season and we anticipate a late October posting for the application. Note that Platt Electric is offering some nice team grants to teams who present a strong business plan-written by students. Be in touch with your Boeing mentors to remind them to submit a grant application on your team’s behalf. Murdock grants are for rookies teams.
Check the state website listings at:
Oregon Calendar: (OMSI 20 team scrimmage Oct 23, FIRSTFare Oct 30 – Girls Generation scrimmage Nov 13 – WA girls invited)
WA Calendar: (October 16 Rookie team workshop – November 13 & 20 team workshops)
Let us know if you have questions and Go Teams!