FIRST Fare is the premier training resource for Pacific Northwest FRC participants. For 7 years FIRST Fare has provided an opportunity for rookie and veteran team members alike to learn about FRC practices, and better their skills in a variety of subjects. Since FIRST Fare’s beginning in 2009 at Catlin Gabel, it has grown to include more subjects, more hands on lessons and a Technology Pavilion to satisfy any technological appetite.
FIRST Fare 2016 Session Descriptions:
1. General Information
- Gracious Professionalism – Steve Kelly
- Fusion CAD/CAM – Autodesk
- Team build shop tools: CNC Routers, Powder Coating and other handy items – Bruce Whitefield
- Themis Framework – Catlin Gable
- The Importance of Applying for Awards – Robin Attey
- Successful Grant Writing – Tom Thompson
- Web Design – Bog Goetz
- What does it mean to be a mentor – Saul Wood, Brian and Lallie
Discussions on recruiting, relationships with students, relationships with parents and general survival techniques for getting through the FIRST season
- “Maximizing the Value of FIRST in Your College and Scholarship Applications” – Jodi Walder-Biesanz
Colleges value what you have learned in FIRST but you have to tell them, will be going over how to write essays about robotics and how FIRST shapes your educational preferences and scholarship searches.
- Basic FRC Programming in JAVA – Jake Springer
- FRC Synthesis – Mackinnon Buck
Come check it out running all day
- Introduction and Intermediate LabView- Jim Chastain
What is it all about
- Intermediate LabView- Jim Chastian
Now you know what it is lets start to use it
- Advance LabView – Jim Chastain
Just like it says more in depth learning of the program.
- Electrical Control Systems – Tim Bennington-Davis
What makes up the e-bay and how it works.
- Control Systems Q & A – Tim Bennington-Davis
Lets go over what you learned and answer your questions
- “We can too” – Tina Bliss
Girls and Guys are equal in FIRST
- Beginning Pneumatics Class – Floyd Moore
How to make linear motion. Learn about cylinders,regulators, valves, tubes and compressors.
- Basic Inventor – Andy Sears
Going over what it can do and how to use it.
- Advanced Inventor – Andy Sears
Learning to use and putting it to work.
- Drive Trains – Floyd Moore
So many choices why you would chose one over another.
- Manipulator Design – Bruce Whitefield
- Breaking Down Your Game Strategy – Bob and Bryce Croucher
How to play a better game.
- Competing at a Higher Level – Nick S. and Lilly F
Tips on how to strengthen your FRC team.
- Time Management/Project Management – Vicky Thompson
Get’ R Done Staying on time
- Build a Better Business Plan – Umatilla Team Confidential
- Closing Ceremonies – “How my FIRST Experience Benefited My Future Career & Why We Want FIRST Students to Work For Us”
Q & A with FIRST alumni and Corporate representatives.