2011 Built by Design Award
Your Challenge, should you choose to accept it, it to design using Autodesk products and the information given in the Built by Design video series a robot transport device, or cart, that will help move your robot both at competition and during the off season. Although it is not required that you build your cart, the idea is that you design a cart that your team could build that would be useful. This Cart must follow all of the guidelines listed below:
- Your Cart’s main purpose must be to transport the robot.
- Your Cart should be designed to be safely maneuverable by one person.
- Your Cart should allow for safe and easy loading and unloading of the robot.
- Your Cart must be able to fit through a standard 80” by 36” doorway.
- Your Cart must not be designed in such a way that it will damage floors, carpet or otherwise. Note: You do not actually have to construct this Cart, it only has to be designed.
Your cart must be fully designed and turned in to Autodesk via Autodesk Education Community no later than October 21, 2011 at midnight (Pacific Time). You will need your school/team tax I.D.# and mailing address to make your submission complete. Please follow all of FIRST’s rules for a robot cart, found in section 4.3.2 of the FRC Manual, regarding robot transportation and safety guidelines when designing this cart.
Autodesk will be awarding a total of $15,000 in grant money, to be divided among the winning teams. All teams who submit a cart design that meets all requirements listed above will be eligible to receive a minimum of $250, and the top 3 winning teams will receive a minimum of $1000.
Note: This design challenge is limited to teams based in the state of Oregon, and all submissions must be made by an adult (18 or older), ideally a team mentor. Please review the Official Rules located on the Autodesk Education Community for more details.