Grants now Open!
FRC and FTC grants for high school teams are now live through ODE (Oregon Department of Ed).
How to apply:
The following entities are able to apply for the FIRST Robotics Subgrant:
- Oregon public high schools including charter schools
- Alternative high school programs housed at an ESD or community college
Each eligible recipient may submit multiple applications. Each team requires a separate application. Total requests from a single eligible recipient may not exceed $10,000.
Funds may be used for:
Subgrants will be awarded to start new teams and to help sustain existing FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) and FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams. Allowable uses of funds include:
- Teacher stipends
- FIRST registration fees
- Other costs associated with direct participation in the FIRST Robotics progra
The number of subgrants awarded will depend upon the number and type of applications received. Applicants are eligible to apply for subgrants in the following amounts:
FTC – $2,000
FRC – $8,000
FTC – $1,000
FRC – $3,000
- Completed applications are DUE Thursday, September 22, 2011 by 5:00 pm.
- Applications received after September 22, 2011 will not be considered. Completed applications including signed assurances may be mailed to:
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol St. NE, Salem, OR 97310