Each Regional, a critical process that each robot must go through is a visit with the Robot Inspectors. Here are a few tips to make your inspection go a little better this year.
A Robot Inspectors will be assigned to your aisle in the pits. See them if you have any questions. Their job is to get you Competition ready
If you are ready to be inspected:
- Sign-up for an inspection at the Inspection Desk
- Do not bring your robot when you are signing up to be inspected
Inspections will start some time after 9:00 am (it takes about 30 – 40 minutes to do a complete inspection.). Inspection Checks will Include:
- Physical inspection at your pit
- Size and weigh-in at the inspection station
- BOM (bill of materials) USB key drive – details next page
- Control system inspection at the CSA station
- Connection to the field controller
Have someone (a student) available that can explain all systems (power, mechanical, pneumatics, electronics) and how you plan to play the game
Your goal is to get your robot by 3pm on Thursday. Best to have a partial inspection done instead of waiting until the last minute. The inspectors keep great records, so multiple attempts are just fine! The inspectors leave the building at 7:45PM on Thursday. Any appointments after 6:30pm may not get done.
- Some robots pass inspection on first attempt. This is rare. Be prepared for several attempts before passing.
- PLEASE: If you are ready – get inspected early. The inspector can help locate an issue that may take time to fix.
- If you have a problem – see an Inspector –they will help you find a solution. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, it does not count against you!
- Teams must connect to field controller on Thursday. If you are unable to make a practice match, you must take your robot and control system out to the field for a quick 5 minute test to insure your system can connect to the field. Your robot will not be on the field, we will simply connect it to the field while sitting on your cart
- You MUST pass inspection to earn qualifying points.
- Inspectors are your friend! Their goal is to help get you on the field safely and fairly and able to compete. They will help you pass inspection.
Bill of Materials (BOM):
- You MUST use the Offiical FIRST BOM template: BOM Template
- Bring the BOM on USB key drive to transfer to Inspection computer, (Assign this to a person on your team to make sure it is complete)
Do your own pre-inspection of your bot and minibot — be ready for the official inspection. You can use the same forms that the Inspectors will use on the USFIRST website:
- HostBot — use inspection sheets from FIRST site:
- MiniBot – use inspection sheets from FIRST site: